Hi,

in the last couple of weeks we worked on yis again. Linuxuser1978 has
done a great job working on a refurbished graphical installer. It
seems like he's going to need some more time finishing it. To a fair
amount because I was not able to finish my part in time.
For my part I started modularizing the cli installer and simplifying
it's UI. That part is actually finished ( for now ).

The other part was improving partitioning. That part (surprise) turns
out to be quite complex. Plan was to use libparted in the backend.
This is definitely a good move. But needs more refurbishing than I
initially planned. Literally all routines handling device data have to
be adopted.

Question from my side: Yoper itself is working quite reliable. What do
you guys think? Shall we go ahead with pushing out new releases using
the old installer or wait till a newer / better version is available?

As a sidenote, actually I am not very interested in writing and
maintaining an installer (and never was). So I'd really like to get
that task off of me. Rethorical question: Any volunteers to step in
and lift the workload a bit ?

regards

--
Tobias Gerschner
Member of Board of Yoper Linux Ltd. NZ

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.