Hi Peter,

I'm not the right persion to anwer any of your questions, but just thought it would be nice you would let us about what you've done to fix your SATA problems. Maybe they are helpful for us. The more help and people get involved in this, the sooner a solution will be found...

Best regards. ;-)

From: "Peter Dobrev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Yoper Development List" <yoper-dev@lists.yoper.com>
Subject: [yoper-dev] Intel SATA support in kernel
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 22:30:11 +0200

Hello!

I came to understand that a lot of applications tend to use the whole
CPU power - for example, each skype window takes about 30%, abiword
tends to use 100% and esd, when not playing, also takes about 100%.

I also understand that there has been some issue with the kernel
scheduler that seems to be resolved in newer version of the kernel. (I
_really_ hope this is the problem)

Alas, I cannot install any newer kernel that Yoper offers for not one
of them supports Intel SATA. I think TobiG found that this is some
issue with the kernel itself (since 2.6.17 works fine for me, but >19
don't) and that it is to be resolved in .22 version.

However, I also remember that I built a vanilla kernel 2.6.20 that
supported my Intel SATA, but had some other issues, plus it didn't
have the yoper optimization patches (in fact, it had no patches at
all).

So I figured I'd ask what is the current status of SATA support and
when is issue likely to be resolved. I mean, are we waiting for the
new release of the kernel, or there are alternative solutions?

Thanks!

Pesho.

Acepta el reto MSN Premium: Correos más divertidos con fotos y textos increíbles en MSN Premium. Descárgalo y pruébalo 2 meses gratis. http://join.msn.com?XAPID=1697&DI=1055&HL=Footer_mailsenviados_correosmasdivertidos