Hi George,

technically it should be possible, but AFAIK no one has spent time on it.
However, I did a few tests some time ago that looked promissing. You could use
the Yoper 3.1 Live CD( http://88.198.41.209/build/latest-live.iso ) , boot up
and when the menu appears, you must exit. Then you must manually mount your USB
device (which should have, I think, around 4GB free space, but I don't discard
it could work with less ) Then relauch the installer and complete the
installation steps using your USB device as installation target. Theorically,
it should work as if you were using a conventional hard disk.

If you get any interesting result about it, please let us know.

Regards! :-)