The CU and Google Groups

The present situation is that out of five continuously-used Communist
University Google Groups, two have been shut down by Google. No reasons have
been given.

One was our News group. The other was the Coast CU. The remaining three
could go without warning, any time.

Five years ago, e-mail traffic had gone way down. We opened in Whatsapp and
quickly exceeded the Google groups there, in terms of dialogue generated.
But we soon found that Whatsapp was unsatisfactory, so we opened up in
Telegram, and Telegram is now our main application.

Google groups are a CU "legacy". We kept them going. But there is very
little discussion there. We do not know how many people are reading the
posts, if any. There has been very little feedback to our communications
about the shut-downs.

All things must eventually pass. I have come to the conclusion that this is
as good a time as any to cease sending CU material to Google Groups. As
members, you may still continue to post in these groups. If and when it
becomes necessary to close the groups, later, I will do so.

We remain in Whatsapp and Telegram. Membership in Telegram is three times
greater than membership in Whatsapp, and the difference is growing. At some
stage we may also cease with Whatsapp, for this and other reasons.

You are consequently recommended to Telegram. In Telegram the CU keeps its
five main groups going (Inland; Coast; Youth/TU; International; and CU News)
plus valuable new services, including our library "VITABU" and the
new-writing publication "CU Iskra".

Thank you for being here. You were always welcome. Please feel free to
write.

Best wishes to you all for the future,

"VC"

You are subscribed. This footer can help you.
Please POST your comments to youth-and-unions@googlegroups.com or reply to this
message.
You can visit the group WEB SITE at
http://groups.google.com/group/youth-and-unions for different delivery options,