Managed to fix it (modified all the names in the user database so that
they authenticate with full sip URI (u...@sip_server)
e.g. :
    {user, [{name, "noet...@gottingen.exp.org"},...
 instead of just
    {user, [{name, "Noether"},...

I do not know why it works with the UAs I am using better this way.

Many thanks for the advices and pointing where to look.

An additional question, from what I read pstnproxy translates from sip
URIs to e164 numbers and forwards everything to a pstn gateway.
So, from my understanding it does not include any media gateway
functionality, all of it being taken care by the external pstn gw.
Is this correct?

Regards,
--
Costin-Tiberiu RADU <costin.tiberiu.r...@gmail.com>

În data de Lu, 23-03-2009 la 08:30 +0100, Fredrik Thulin a scris:

> Costin-Tiberiu RADU wrote:
> > What is most intreaguing to me is that despite the information seems to
> > exist in the user database in yxa, still, when an INVITE comes from one
> > of the users to the other, yxa does not know how to find it.
>
> Sure it does - YXA just doesn't manage to send UDP datagrams to one of
> the user agents.
>
> > Regarding the operating system, I use FreeBSD 7.1 with erlang version
> > 5.6.4 and for yxa I used the latest version from cvs.
>
> Ok.
>
> This is most likely not relevant, but I do remember that *BSD had some
> issues with detecting the interface IP address(es). Try starting
> incomingproxy with "-d" to get to the erlang shell again, and execute
> "siphost:myip()." and "siphost:myip_list()". The expected results would
> be along these lines :
>
>    (incomingpr...@host.name)1> siphost:myip().
>    "192.168.34.149"
>    (incomingpr...@host.name)2> siphost:myip_list().
>    ["192.168.34.149"]
>    (incomingpr...@host.name)3>
>
> > Do you know of any working deployment of the cvs version (or version 1+
> > for that matter) ?
>
> Yes, I have multiple working installations on Linux.
>
> I don't think your problem is related to YXA at all. It is more likely
> that it is a problem with Erlang on FreeBSD. To determine this, try the
> following simple steps for sending UDP datagrams :
>
>    1> {ok, Socket} = gen_udp:open(7777, [{reuseaddr, true}, binary]).
>    {ok,#Port<0.1305>}
>    2> gen_udp:send(Socket, "192.168.34.148", 5061, "test").
>    ok
>    3>
>
> If that works (meaning : returns ok instead of eaddrnotavail) try the
> same with a socket bound to the same IP address YXA would have bound to :
>
>    1> {ok, MyIP} = inet_parse:ipv4_address(siphost:myip()),
>       {ok, Socket1} = gen_udp:open(7778, [{ip, MyIP},
>                          {reuseaddr, true}, binary]).
>    {ok,#Port<0.1309>}
>    2> gen_udp:send(Socket1, "192.168.34.148", 5061, "test").
>
>    ok
>    3>

Yes , it works sending udp datagrams.