On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 15:52 +0400, Alexander Zhukov wrote:
> 192.168.67.1 is an IP of the vmnet8 (virtual network interface used by
> vmware workstation) on the host where incomingpproxy is running.
>
> When I stopped vmware virtual interfaces the call was established
> without problems.
>
> The question is: is this is a bug or a feature?
>
> If an additional info is required I'm ready to supply it.

Can't be called a feature, but I'm not sure it could be said to be a bug
in YXA that it does not work when you have unusable IP addresses on
interfaces in your server =).

The code in siphost.erl tries to avoid unusable interfaces, such as
those that are down (function usable_if), or has a loopback address.

Since someone might actually _want_ to run YXA on a vmnet interface, we
can't just ignore those interfaces.

I can't think of any other solution than for you to configure the list
of "good" IP addresses for your server. See the configuration option
'myips'. From the README :

myips   (no default) For some platforms autodetection of
        the IP addresses of the network interfaces doesn't
        work. If you have that problem, list your IP
        addresses in this configuration parameter.

/Fredrik