I also agree with SOFA. I like the mix here though. Another list I'm on allows almost no vine activity whatsoever on list. Strictly just a discussion list with the occasional mention to contact someone off list if interested in a vine offer. There is actually a fair amount of vine activity going on there but it goes much slower without being able to discuses it on list. That said I do come here mostly for the discussion aspect. Zappa's volume of work is so large and varied that there is much to be discussed. Of course if a large bunch receive a vine it can promote the discussion.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 4:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] SOFA and his lyrical explanations

Hear hear!
Must agree with SOFA where he talks about signal versus noise when it
comes to FZ discussion. At the same time - and I say this in my
capacity of KUR forum moderator - there is a risk in the vine/weed talk
in that it tends to shut down any other discussion about FZ. I've seen
it happen with KUR's forums, and it seems to be happening to the
zappa-list as well. Don't get me wrong, the whole vine/weed scene is
fine and dandy - heck I've had some wonderful stuff sent off to me
through it. Thing is: some deeper discussion is always appreciated and
should not get lost amidst the hunt for boots...

(says the Guy Who Never Posts Anything On The Zappa List ;-)

Jurgen
http://killuglyradio.com/discuss/
http://killuglyradio.com/hot-poop/

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/jGKolB/TM