I sent this off to Mark in Arizona today, so get ready for it.
These were so much fun to watch.  Thanks for letting me play!

Joseph
----- Original Message -----
From: Jim L
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 10:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] Re: Last call for the 5 video tree

What is on those 5 DVDs? Thanks for the help. (VCDs about an hour long each)
(Playable on almost all stand alone DVD players and all CD drives)

Discs 1&2

 Frank Zappa 10/31/1981 Early Show

The Torture Never Stops

01. Black Napkins #
02. Montana #
03. Easy Meat #
04. Beauty Knows No Pain #
05. I'm A Beautiful Guy #
06. Charlie's Enormous Mouth #
07. Fine Girl #
08. Teenage Wind #
09. Harder Than Your Husband #
10. Bamboozled By Love #
11. We're Turning Again *
12. Alien Orifice *
13. Flakes *
14. Broken Hearts Are For Assholes *
15. You Are What You Is *
16. Mudd Club *
17. The Meek Shall Inherit Nothing *
18. Dumb All Over *
19. Heavenly Bank Account *
20. Suicide Chump *
21. Jumbo Go Away *
22. Stevie's Spanking #
23. The Torture Never Stops #
24. Strictly Genteel #
25. The Illinois Enema Bandit #

* early show
# late show

Band:
FZ, Ray White, Steve Vai, Scott Thunes, Tommy Mars, Bobby Martin, Ed Mann,
Chad Wackerman
Lineage
Pro shot.
Original Lexington broadcast company bootleg VHS tape on Mitsubishi HS-U431 Hi-Fi stereo >
ATI capture card @ NTSC 720x480 MPEG-2 4.2 M Bit/s video
MPEG audio 48.000 KHZ, 16 bit, Stereo @ 224 kbps>
==============================
Discs 3&4

Zappa-MTV-Palladium-Halloween-Late Show-31/10/1981
  -part 1 of 2 (Last Final Edition by OO)
  -part 2 of 2 (Last Final Edition by OO)

 **First release: early 2001 (Final by OO-2 parts)
 **Second release: novembre 2004 (Last Final Edition by OO-2 parts)
    -sound upgrade
____

Musicians:
FZ, Ray White, Steve Vai, Scott Thunes, Tommy Mars, Bobby Martin, Ed Mann,
Chad Wackerman
____

Part 1: (56min)
 - Intro by Tim & Nina
 - Black Napkins
 - Montana
 - Easy Meat
 - Society Pages
 - I'm A Beautiful Guy
 - Beauty Knows No Pain
 - Charlie's Enormous Mouth
 - Fine Girl
 - Teenage Wind
 - Harder Than Your Husband
 - Bamboozled By Love
 - Sinister Footwear
 - Stevie's Spanking

Part 2: (45:21min)
 - Radio break
 - Cocaine Decisions
 - Nig Biz
 - Doreen
 - Goblin Girl
 - The Black Page
 - Tryin' To Grow A Chin
 - I'm so cute
 - Strictly Genteel
 - Nina's "right here..." (Encore Radio Break)
 - The Torture Never Stops

____

Tech notes:

 -Rip from:
  =>VHS/NTSC(second generation)=>VirtualDub(avi/mjpeg)=>mpeg-1 NTSC

 -Tech Stuff:
  =>Sony Stéréo VCR DUAL
  =>Matrox G-200 Marvel VC
  =>Tmpenc 2.55
  =>VS6
  =>MSPro 6.5
  =>SoundForge5 + Waves Restoration
  =>Mainconcept

 -Tweaks:
  =>This rip was made from a new VCR/Stéréo/4 heads and the sound impro-
    vement is obvious. Only few tweaks were made to enhanced the whole
    gig and it's my "OO"'s secret!

  =>You won't get better sound than this one so far......
  =>Modestly.....

  =>Few flash frames at start...

  =>At around 22min of part 2, the TV cam went down for few seconds so
    you still can hear the music but image is blank so do not worry, it
    was on the master/copy (unedited we could say...).

____

 Few years ago (2001), I released the first version (Final by OO) which can be
get on the net under many names and formats. That was the first version
avalaible but not the best I could achieve.
This new one (Last Final Edition) is an upgrade from the first one and the "Final" one
from this tape version.

 *Enjoy this first release
   again for the
  FZ fans pleasure only!!

 Peace and Love!

 "OO"

 Novembre 2004

____

Merci to Hashmaster for the help getting these files...
================================
Disc 5

Frank Zappa on the Norman Gunston TV show (January, 1976, ABC, Australia)

Lineage: Sattelite TV/VHS/Primative USB Capture Card/MPEG1
transfer and comment by wazoo

in this interview Gunston & FZ have a blues jam, (or jelly as Gunston assumes Americans might refer to it as) with FZ on Guitar & Gunston on harmonica. Gunston closes his harmonica vamp with the theme from the ABC news (ABC here like BBC or PBS).

(THEN)
 July 2nd, 1973 ABC Australia, TV
(also listed as July 3rd, 1973)
48 min, PAL, A/A (2nd gen)

From: Jon Naurin (naurin[at]mbox300.swipnet.se)
"Monday conference", nice interviews & discussions with FZ, plus a proshot
RDNZL from one of the Melbourne shows.