I saw him at UCLA as well on New Years Eve 77. I also saw him a month or so earlier but do to some over indulgence my memories are hazy of that one. The memory of the New Years Eve show is clear and lasting. I distinctly remember that Frank had his hair in a pony tail most of the time. Every now and then he would take it out and play an amazing solo.

Jim L

From: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:22 PM
To: Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Zappa-List] Re: OK,, what does all this stuff mean anyway?

I saw Frank with Beefhart in Clairmont, CA in '75 and then again at the LA Forum on New Years eve '75 - '76 (w/ separate sets by Dr. John and Beefhart - Todd Rundgren's Utopia was supposed to play but cancelled.)  Then I saw the show at UCLA Pauley Pavillion in '77 and the Crush all Boxes Tour at Santa Monica Civic (81?).

Would love to go back and relive those shows!

John