Bart,
in general a good place imho to start investigating vinyl vs.CD
versions is the Zappa Patio vinyl-vs-CDs FAQ page
http://www.lukpac.org/~handmade/patio/vinylvscds/index.html
which leads you to discussions on every individual FZ album.
Also with links to respective pages in Roman Garcia's FZ Lyrics.

SOFA,
ZINY is actually a quite interesting example to look up differences
for, between the vinyl and the CD versions:
I'm not too much into investigating minor sonic differences myself,
but as far as contents go, you can definitely spot differences in
- Titties and Beer (much longer on CD, more Bozzio/FZ ad.lib) and
- I promise not to come in your mouth (different guitar solo on ZINY
CD, the vinyl version has been re-issued on Läther CD)
- Punky's Whips, censored out by Warner Bros. (a few rare vinyl
releases including PW are said to exist) should also be the Läther CD
version, not the one on ZINY CD ...
Of course, the track order is totally different (and a bunch of bonus
tracks on CD)
more discussions on ZINY differences see
http://www.lukpac.org/~handmade/patio/vinylvscds/ziny.html

Kind regards,

Conehead

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, Bart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Sofa for your observations.
> Will have them in mind.
> Hope some others will share theirs
> Have a nice weekend
> Warm regards as winter comes home definitely
> Bart
> A lot depends on the meaning of "significant" differences, Bart...
> With ZINY, I didn't find much sonic difference - just a difference
with the added material on the CD. I didn't find much sonic difference
with ZA either. I dunno, maybe my ears are not that "critical"...
> I have TF on vinyl, but I've never played it (always planned to
digitize the LP's but never got around to it. YAWYI is said to be
radically different - especially the EMI vinyl, but I never bothered
to hunt that one down.
> In truth, after Frank went back and "re-mastered" the early works
that he "fixed" for the Past Masters, the only release that continued
to sound superior to me in the vinyl was Ruben.
> Again, a lot depends on how critically you listen - and, how good
your ears are.
> My ears aint what they used to be...
> Regards,
> SOFA

differences in between of both mixes for each and every particular
realise, but maybe some of You guys/gals here and now would like to
say if you do hear magnificent differences between mediums making one
to search for vinyl transfers.
>   I'm asking because I'm still looking for vinyl transfers of Zoot
Alures, Z In New York, You are What You Is, Thing Fish....

or http://www.killuglyradio.com , thank you.

--------

.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/yXLolB/TM