Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 7:48 PM
Subject: [Zappa-List] Sleep Dirt vocals and such

On a whim, I ran through Hot Rats, Waka/Jawaka, and Sleep Dirt today.  After hearing the Thana Harris vocals, I pulled out Lather and was right, no vocals there.  I looked at the 'vinyl vs. CD' page and then got thorouoghly confused.  I never had the Sleep Dirt LP, so I can't really compare it, but are the differences that large?  I never noticed drum overdubs there, too, but it looks like he did it more than I thought.  Anyone have any perspective on that album, in general or specific?  I always liked it, and am happy to have those certain tracks with and without vocals.

thanks,
Joseph

Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/VwqHaC/.VHMAA/n1hLAA/yXLolB/TM