Philippe Manoeuvre says so in his latest entry for "La discothèque
idéale", in Zappa-friendly French mag Rock & Folk (Issue of April? May?
Forgot to check!!).
Cool full page photo of Zappa circa 1970 with a camera in hand.
Interesting anecdotes in the Hot Rats piece... but some sound a bit
strange to me (re. my subject line).
I also disagree that Zappa "let all the 16 tracks fully opened" for his
digital remix of the album. Because some of the "voices" are definitely
killed in there, for the benefit of the new ones. So we won some, lost
some instead.