From: starless74
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:52 PM
Subject: [Zappa-List] Re: VO: Bald Headed John's Vault (4xCDs)...andy goldstein

HI

andy newbie again trying to get in on the bald headed john's vault
vine

thank u--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "John Gobetz"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi group!---just was curious---what ever became of this set?---
john g in kansas

is what the discs are all about:

>   http://www.thebignote.com/archived/bald_headed_johns_vault.php
>
>   Don't bother with the mp3s on the page - No workie!
>
>   John K
>
>   Bald Headed John's Vault
>

>   Curator: Magic Fingers
>   Desk Jockies: SOFA, The Grand Wazoo, TBN
>
>   Rare Gems From August '81
>
>   This month we present a rare gem from deep within the Magic
Fingers' FZ concert collection.  Back in August 1981, during early
rehearsals for the 1981 tour, Frank put the band through a number of
songs that in the end never actually featured during that tour.  You
thought Any Kind of Pain was a song from 1988?  Check out these
proto-versions, one with different lyrics from the version we would
become familiar with.  How about We Are Not Alone with vocals?  Or
Portuguese Lunar landing, originally premiered on the 1975 tour but
rarely played even then.  A 1981 version of Kaiser Rolls?  Even
We're Turning Again with extra Hendrix verses.  It's all here, plus
some 1981 standards.  Put your feet up, sit back and enjoy the 1981
band earning a crust.

>     1.. Any Kind Of Pain
>     2.. Nig Biz
>     3.. Kaiser Rolls
>     4.. Dickie's Such An Asshole
>     5.. Portuguese Lunar Landing
>     6.. Teenage Prostitute
>     7.. Alien Orifice
>     8.. Cocaine Decisions
>     9.. Baltimore Moggio
>     10.. We Are Not Alone
>     11.. Any Kind Of Pain
>     12.. We're Turning Again
>

>   In a message dated 7/15/2006 6:03:18 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>     Hi,
>
>     I'd like to squeeze in at the end of the European leg of this
vine
>     too. Thanks. Conehead in Belgium.
>
>     Neil (neil_hawkins2003@) UK << Richard (richard.leslie.moore@)
UK
(oozlet@) US <<
>     John G in Kansas (croontoonz1950@) US << Skipsign US << Luis
>     (lusi_tanio@) AR << ??Andy Goldstein in usa
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

>     Could somebody please fill me in again on what exactly is
included in
>     this 4CD offer ? I seem to have missed the initial offer post
and I
>     keep seeing replies without any reference to its contents.
>
>     Thanks kindly again & Cheers ...
>
>     CH
>
>     --- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, "mrk_timbrell" <timbrell@>
>     wrote:
>     >
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I would like to recieve this one as well, I will put myself
in at
>     > the end of the European leg:
>     >
>     > Neil (neil_hawkins2003@) UK << Richard
(richard.leslie.moore@) UK
>     > > << r2daft2 (leswatts@) UK << Ashley Harrold UK << Pete
Restall
>     > (restallp@) UK<< Bart (bartozjad@) Pol << Mark Timbrell - UK
<<
>     > Alain (arid2004@) CH << Dawayne Bailey (oozlet@) US << John
G in
>     > Kansas (croontoonz1950@) US << Skipsign US << Luis
(lusi_tanio@) AR
>     > << ??
>     >
>     > Hopefully in the correct place.
>     > Regards,
>     >
>     > Mark
>     >
>     >
>     > --- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, <jcoonk@> wrote:
>     > >
>     > > Properly hoppinated below:
>     > > SOFA
>     > >
CH <<
>     > Dawayne Bailey (oozlet@) US << John G in Kansas
(croontoonz1950@) US
>     > << Skipsign US << Luis (lusi_tanio@) AR <<
>     > >
>     > >
>     > > Thanks for this, SOFA - I'm sending it off to Neil
tomorrow!
>     > > >
>     > > > Cheers one and all!
>     > > > John K