If possible I would like to add my name to the list for this.

Matt (US)

--- In Zappa-List@yahoogroups.com, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes it is.
> I'm mailing it on to Skip today; you can squeeze in before it heads
to Europe...
> Search the messages from last week and you will find the most
recent vine order. Respond to that message by adding your name to the
queue.
> Regards,
> SOFA
CD)

>   Is this show still available to get anywhere?
>
>   Matt
>

>   **********************************
>   > >
>   > >
>   > > Mothers of Invention
>   > >
>   > > Fillmore West
>   > > San Francisco, CA
>   > > 11/06/1970
>   > >
>   > > # of Tracks: 15
>   > > Total Time: 63:49
>   > >
>   > > Have Gun, Will Travel 1:34
>   > > Call Any Vegetable 10:34
>   > > The Sanzini Brothers 2:02
>   > > Penis Dimension 8:05
>   > > The Sanzini Brothers 2:20
>   > > Little House I Used to Live In/Mudshark 4:57
>   > > Touring Can Make You Crazy 2:14
>   > > Would You Like a Snack? 1:39
>   > > Holiday in Berlin 4:07
>   > > Cruisin’ For Burgers 8:47
>   > > Easy Meat 5:19
>   > > **Frank talks to the crowd…** 1:53
>   > > Daddy, Daddy, Daddy/
>   > > Do You Like My New Car? 7:24
>   > > Happy Together 1:07
>   > > Who Are The Brain Police? 1:47
>   > >
>   > > George Duke - keyboards
>   > > Aynsley Dunbar - drums
>   > > Howard Kaylan - vocals
>   > > Jim Pons - bass (actually Jeff Simmons)
>   > > Mark Volman - vocals
>   > > Frank Zappa - guitar, vocals
>   > >
>   > > Like a tidal wave of total weirdness, the Mothers of
Invention
>   > splashed down on the Fillmore West for a series of shows in
November
>   > of 1970 before washing back into the seedy ocean of L.A.,
leaving
>   > the landscape forever changed (or at least confused and
offended).
>   > >
>   > > Not to be outdone by the art school drop-outs and buck-skin
fringe
>   > contingent then wandering the Sunset Strip, Frank Zappa had
been
>   > steadily releasing incredibly strange records since the mid-â
€˜60s.
>   > He abandoned the original Mothers at the close of that decade,
only
>   > to reform a different line-up under the same name in 1970, this
time
>   > including two members of the Turtles, Howard Kaylan and Mark
Volman
>   > (sometimes known as Flo & Eddie due to contractual problems),
>   > help with Frank’s increasingly bizarre comedy routines
and, almost
>   > incidentally, singing.
>   > >
>   > > The opening set by Boz Scaggs couldn’t possibly have
prepared
>   > anyone for what was going to occur that night at the corner of
Van
>   > Ness and Market, though it did prove that Bill Graham had a
pretty
>   > good sense of humor. Eager to try out material from the
upcoming 200
>   > Motels film and accompanying album, the Mothers don’t
move in any
>   > one direction for too long; sometimes it’s as if theyâ
€™re moving
>   > in all directions at once. There are hints of jazz-fusion and
>   > psychedelia, along with Zappa’s beloved doo-wop. They
even make a
>   > brief stab at the Turtles’ "Happy Together" as part of
the
>   groupie-
>   > baiting sleaze-fest "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy." This is a limber
bunch,
>   > but they’re at their best when playing it straight
("Call Any
>   > Vegetable" from Absolutely Free is a prime example). Some songs
are
>   > derailed by excessive hollering and dialogue, the delivery of
which
>   > suggests the performers are nearly as bored as the audience
>   > they’re baffling. Provoking the crowd, however, is part
of the
>   > plan and listening to Frank scold them for their indifference
is
>   > highly satisfying for anyone who’s ever stood under
stage lights.
>   > >
>   > > An appreciation for this performance depends entirely on oneâ
€™s
>   > threshold for long and noodly instrumental explorations
accented by
>   > dick jokes. But it can safely be said that no one else was
doing
>   > anything quite like this at the time. During an age of weird,
Frank
>   > Zappa had the distinction of being the unparalleled weirdest.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: