Suppose one did want to build a secp256k1 gadget. I notice that libsnark
already provides a general gadget for  weierstrass form elliptic curves,
parameterized by a field. So all we'd have to do is define the secp256k1
operations in the alt_bn128 or in bls12 fields. Is there any more clever
way to do this than just providing splitting into bits to implement modular
arithmetic in a different field?