On 25 Mar 2018, at 20:27, Andrew Miller wrote:
> Short answer: not until the Sapling-circuit is ready and we need volunteers
> for the Second Phase.
>
> It's technically possible for anyone to keep  building on Powers of Tau (the
> first phase). The code continues to be available, and you could fork the
> attestations repo to keep adding. But Sean has to move on and, like, make
> Sapling happen. If anyone else wants to pick up the reins and help coordinate
> people, I'd be happy to keep using the Zcash Foundation repos for it too.
> Jason
> would you have any interest in continuing to schedule people who really want
> participate?
>
> Also I think we should start a new Powers of Tau for alt_bn128 so we can use
> it on Ethereum. Has anyone implemented the Groth16 snark verifier in Solidity?

Sure, I'd be happy to continue scheduling people!

I think it might also be useful to (eventually) simplify the job of scheduling
by making it semi-automated.  As we got closer to the cut-off date, I ended up
asking each participant for precise time ranges when they would be available,
to make sure we could fit as many in as possible before the cut-off, so there
was quite a bit of back-and-forth.

This would have been a bit simpler if we had a public calendar where you could
book a block of time to participate.  I'd be happy to implement something like
this (a simple web app) mainly to make my life easier.

It could also be reused for other ceremonies e.g. the alt_bn128 one you
suggested.  It would still need someone to be "coordinator" simply to ensure
everything is running smoothly, and to occasionally override the calendar if
there's something particularly important (e.g. yourself and Ryan with the
Chernobyl nuclear waste).

--
Jason Davies, https://powersoftau.plutomonkey.com/