On 2013-08-08 20:43:12, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
> There are of course other ways to fix this. One of them would be to
> abort the rendering of the page if it becomes invisible and leaves the
> cache. However, implementing the necessary message passing for this is
> less trivial than just exposing this one function to check if a page is
> cached or not.

I'm currently working on a different render infrastructure in the
features/renderer-take-2 branch. The setup is currently the following:

 - There is a ZathuraRenderer object that renders a page in a separate
   thread.
 - Every page widget holds a ZathuraRenderRequest object to manage
   render requests. Widgets use this object to request a page to be
   renderer and can also abort an request.
 - ZathuraRenderRequest emits a signal as soon as the page is ready.

There are somethings that are not done yet. The sorting of the render
requests is currently broken.

In the end I hope it's enough to cancel pending requests in the caching
code and remove the workaround again.

Regards
--
Sebastian Ramacher