> Can you verify that 2.6.26 has indeed in-kernel support for power
> button? Where was it in the source tree?

Pavel,

i just mean that 2.6.26 linux-kexecboot kernel is configured like this:

CONFIG_SYS_SUPPORTS_APM_EMULATION=y
CONFIG_SHARPSL_PM=y
CONFIG_PM=y
# CONFIG_PM_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_PM_SLEEP=y
CONFIG_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_SUSPEND_FREEZER=y
CONFIG_APM_EMULATION=y
CONFIG_ARCH_SUSPEND_POSSIBLE=y

while 2.6.33-rcX has

CONFIG_SHARPSL_PM=y

CONFIG_PM=y
# CONFIG_PM_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_PM_SLEEP=y
CONFIG_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_SUSPEND_FREEZER=y
CONFIG_APM_EMULATION=y
# CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME is not set
CONFIG_ARCH_SUSPEND_POSSIBLE=y

CONFIG_POWER_SUPPLY=y
CONFIG_PDA_POWER=y
CONFIG_APM_POWER=y
CONFIG_HWMON=y

Now, without having any userspace support, I start wondering what's
really happening pressing the ON/OFF button.

The screens goes black, and Zaurus seems suspended.
In this state the device does not seem to recharge by connecting AC
plug. You have to plug it before suspending, then the orange led is
on.

Pressing ON/OFF again seems to 'wake' the device (takes about 1 sec,
is not instantaneus): the backlight is reactivated but the screen is
still black. Just pressing a key (I use left arrow) gives the
framebuffer menu of kexecboot back.

The 2.6.33 does absolutely nothing if I press corgi's power button.

Cheers

Andrea