>... even tslib started to work again for unknown reason,
> Xfbdev works, Xorg works (but it is unusable due to very noisy ADS7846
> driver and broken xf86-driver-input-tslib).

I can confirm that touchscreen 'works' again on corgi(C860) and poodle.
Just some issues to cure:

- poodle(kdrive-fbdev): at gpe login touchscreen calibration is
requested, crosshairs are plotted, after calibration no input from
keyboard/virtual kerboard :/
- c7x0(kdrive-imageon): pointercal defaults are used (and those are
slightly wroing on my 2 corgi C860). Gpe login is ok, keyboard
working.
Though, if you try to recalibrate from within gpe the crosshairs are
not drawed so calibration is impossible

> Is the current OE still using module autoload? Or was this moved to udev
> and platform device tables? I the latter case the fix should be done in
> the kernel.

Ah, this is nice question: we newly came on open air after years with
2.6.2x and now we'll discover new bugs;)
FWIW in OE there is a mix of modules management: some are in
kernel.bbclass, others in linux.inc and finally in machine.conf.
I'm still trying to understand what's happening using latest udev.
Help is welcome :)

Cheers

Andrea