On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 09:01:38 -0500
"Jon Smirl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The INIT work changes went into 2.6.20+, they aren't in 2.6.18. It
> shouldn't be too hard to fix  up the code to work on both releases.
> You just need to remove the INIT work changes and revert to the prior
> code.

Thanks Jon. I did it (just reverted to the three arguments version of
INIT_WORK) and I managed to compile the driver. Sadly, it does not
work. This is the dmesg output

 _____     ____    _    ____
|__  /   _|  _ \  / \  / ___|
  / / | | | | | |/ _ \ \___ \
 / /| |_| | |_| / ___ \ ___) |
/____\__, |____/_/   \_\____/
     |___/
zd1211 - version 2.16.0.0
zd1211 1-4:1.0: usb_probe_interface
zd1211 1-4:1.0: usb_probe_interface - got id
vendor_id = 07b8
product_id = 6001
USB 2.0 Host
Release Ver = 4330
zd1211:bulk out: wMaxPacketSize = 200
zd1211:bulk in: wMaxPacketSize = 200
zd1211:interrupt in: wMaxPacketSize = 40
zd1211:interrupt in: int_interval = 1
zd1211:interrupt out: wMaxPacketSize = 40
EEPORM Ver = 4330
zd1211:uImgLength = 1400
zd1211:translen = 1000
zd1211:uCodeOfst = ee00
zd1211:result = 1000
zd1211:translen = 400
zd1211:uCodeOfst = f600
zd1211:result = 400
Finsih download Firmware. Ready to reboot
zd1211:FIRMWARE_CONFIRM = 1
zd1211:USB Download Boot code success
usb 1-4: modprobe timed out on ep0out len=0/0
usb_set_configuration() failed
zd1211: probe of 1-4:1.0 failed with error -5
usbcore: registered new driver zd1211

moreover, when I download the driver the device h8ings, and I have to
unplug/replug the cable.

> I am using gcc 4.1.2. The code compiles clean with 2.6.20-rc2.

inspecting the code, it seems that all the warning generated by my
version of gcc are related to the (u32) or (u8) explicit castings. Is it
maybe related with the fact that I'm in a 64 bits environment? If you
are interested I can send the gcc output.

Regards,
Giulio.