Hello Zeek Devs,

I would like to write a protocol analyzer and need some direction. I would
like to write something simple which works on TCP, similar to the ConnSize
analyzer. I would like my analyzer to be distributed as a plugin, similar
to MITRE's HTTP2 analyzer, so I am following the docs here:
https://docs.zeek.org/en/stable/devel/plugins.html

However, the docs don't detail much beyond creating a built in function. A
colleague pointed me at this quickstart script for binpac:
https://github.com/grigorescu/binpac_quickstart

The quickstart script seems to be intended for writing a protocol analyzer
which gets merged into the Zeek source. This is not how plugins operate.

I'm looking for some guidance on how to proceed. Thanks in advance.

-AK