This bug is fixed, the negation part as well as the wildcard part are
fixed in lp:zeitgeist

revno: 1470 [merge]
committer: Markus Korn <thek...@gmx.de>
branch nick: trunk
timestamp: Fri 2010-05-14 13:02:32 +0200
message:
  Added negation support to some template fields, this is the first part of a
  fix of bug 485966, thanks Mikkel for doing the review.

revno: 1474 [merge]
committer: Markus Korn <thek...@gmx.de>
branch nick: trunk
timestamp: Sun 2010-05-16 17:21:55 +0200
message:
  Added wildcard support to some query fields, thanks to Seif and Siegfried
  for reviewing the code.
  Wildcards can be at the end of some query fields, like
     mimetype=text/*
  which queries for all subjects with mimetype beginning with 'text/', see the
  related bugreport (LP: #485966) for detailed information.

** Changed in: zeitgeist/0.3

--
Using filters (text match / exclusion / etc)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/485966

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Fix Released
Status in Zeitgeist Framework 0.3 series: Fix Released

Bug description:
 - How can I get all events except those with interpretation VISIT_EVENT?

 - In case you give me above the awful answer "looking for all interpretations
except VISIT_EVENT", how can I get all events except those from application
"firefox.desktop"?

 - How can I get all those events whose URI ends with "myfile.txt"?

- And those events whose title contains "zeitgeist"?