I am with Markus here. You might also want to blacklist files which
contain a seven-letter palindrome in the URI, but only when Jupiter
aligns with Mars - that's up to you! ;-)

'*private*' is not a good use case imho. For instance there is a unity-
private/ directory in the Unity sources. What any normal person would do
would be to blacklist a some folder and all it's sub folders. For
example ~/Private/* is the obvious one for Ubuntu with encrypted
folders. We perfectly support this kind of black listing already.

--
Blacklist doesn't support "ignore everything containing X in the URI"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/603326

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: New

Bug description:
The blacklist plugin uses match_template, so it isn't possible to filter for
stuff containing a certain word in the URI (eg. "*private*").