I have this same problem.  I do software development and when I am doing
testing I don't want items from the test directories showing up.  Having
all that noise (a *LOT* of it) makes zeitgeist useless to me.  (Some
convoluted global turn recording off and on again system may also work
but would be far too much babysitting).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/603326

Title:
  Blacklist doesn't support "ignore everything containing X in the URI"

Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  The blacklist plugin uses match_template, so it isn't possible to
  filter for stuff containing a certain word in the URI (eg.
  "*private*").