On Tuesday, August 01, 2006 4:20 AM Rob wrote:
>Does anyone have any suggestions about where to start?

Hi Rob.  (Don't we already have a Rob?  Guess not...)

My suggestion is throw away all your books, especially books about zen and
Buddhism, and seek out a competent teacher (with the emphasis on
'competent') and get instruction on zazen (zen meditation).

Of course the best case would be that you find a teacher right in your area.
I'd suggest you do this first even if you have to go out of your area to
find a good teacher.  You can get a good foundation of how to sit zazen in a
weekend at the right learning center.  That would do you for a while.  When
you're ready you could go back for more instruction and guidance.

Scanned by VisNetic MailScan for SMTP Servers.
Visit http://www.deerfield.com/products/visnetic_mailscan.