I am only looking for a little inner peace in a fast paced world. But, I do agree with what you have said. Regardless of your age, truth,is truth.
-- In [email protected], "pandabananasock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > After about a year of inactivity, I have resumed posting on this forum. I've had a lot more > time than usual to spend online due to my high-maintenance girlfriend's recent, > temporarily disabling operation (just a foot surgery, nothing serious) and the fact that she > is pretty much useless in her disabled, opiate-riddled condition. I've been working odd > hours and posting in-between making her food and running her errands. > > THE POINT IS: only one of my recent posts has been sincere, about an actual "problem" > concerning Zazen (that really long one). A couple have been half sincere and half in jest. > And most have just been short and in jest. I remember at one point there was a big push > by the moderator to focus posts on sharing ideas from books, teachers, and personal > practice, and to avoid just posting a few self-serving paragraphs about our supposed > boundless knowledge of Zen without citing where we got these ideas, and to also avoid > masturbatory diatribes about how much more Zenner we are than other people (Wierd Al > Yankovic said it best: "Think you're pure of heart? I know I'm a million times as humble as > thou art!"). > > I admit it, I'm probably one of the most guilty of self-service and non-citation on this > forum, however: > I don't want to dilute the message board. > I don't want to come off as self-serving, one of those people who seem to post just to be > able to read their own words in masturbatory awe. > I don't want to post little jokes in response to people who are seeking sincere responses > from experienced practitioners, if is a waste of the seekers' time. > > I guess I am just unsure of the boundaries, but I am young (23!!), inexperienced, and > maybe possibly only be posting more due to my on-call at-home status. I realize that > this forum does not consider itself an authority on zen, but I would like to know what the > moderator and other members feel that the boundaries concerning sincerity should be so > that this forum's members and I may progress in a manner that is most congruent to the > goals of the forum and membership. > > So how about it? Is there a line to be crossed, and if so, where should it be drawn? What > does everyone think? > Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today! Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
