From: Bill! <billsm...@hhs1963.org>
Subject: Re: [Zen] the death of the prince, vegetarianism?(to Chris/Kristy/list)
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, 16 January, 2011, 8:06 AM

Krity's right. All life is sustained by other life. It's just a big cycle of
transformation we call life and death.

I have no quarrels with anyone choosing to be a vegetarian, but if they think
they're doing that because that helps them live a life that does not harm/kill
other life they are just engaging in wishful thinking. Everything we do, even
just our presence contributes to the death of other life. Even our skin
contains acid which kills bacteria.

Of course that doesn't give us an excuse to run out and kill everything we see
- but to live is to kill.

...Bill!