ED,

I would think a zen or Zen or aerobics or even a soccer teacher would "...feel
bound to adhere to sexual expectations and conventions of society", and to
abide by the law (which is just a codifed form of society's expectations and
conventions enforcable by the governement).  The only exception would be when
the teacher actually wants to teach something that specifically contradicts
societal norms.  In zen and Zen and aerobics or soccer I don't beleive that is
the case.

There is however a big difference between 'feeling bound' to adhere to societal
expectations or limits and having those expectations or limits yourself.  For
example I might wear clothing when I go downtown to shop, but that doesn't mean
I think going naked in public is immoral.  I wear clothing because I respect
the sensibilities of my community and their laws.

...Bill!