________________________________
 From: Kristopher Grey <k...@kgrey.com>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 10 October 2012, 15:58

Compassion to me is when love meets suffering. Clearly an unrepentant killer
(as opposed to someone who has killed) fails the definition.

The kind of peace a killer might find isn't the kind of peace I'm talking about
either, which is the peace born from being free from the 5 Hindrances. This
isn't an assumpmtion/projection, but is born from experience (I'm ex-infantry
and have seen murder committed not 10 feet away from me). Even thoughts of
violence shatter this peace.

Mike

To say a killer will never know peace? Part presumption, part projection.
Emanating from a kind heart perhaps, but compassion doesn't bother with/isn't
bothered by this.

KG

On 10/10/2012 6:57 AM, mike brown wrote:

>Edgar,
>

>We're all going to die - it's how we live our life up to that point (there is
>no 'after' death, or indeed any such thing as 'death' to feel bad about being
>killed anyway). Yes, I'd rather be killed than be the killer. A killer will
>never know peace.
>

>>Get real!
>

>Keeping it real.
>

>Mike

> [...]
> [...]