Just to be clear here there is not currently a Quantum Theory of
Consciousness that is proposed - we don't understand the mechanics of
consciousness, and Penrose pointed out a resemblance between this lack and
the lack of understanding of what the "decoherence/wave collapse" operation
corresponds to in the formalism.  (Edgar will now point out that there is a
theory of wave collapse that he likes, but it's not an undisputed theory
either - and there are a lot of interesting gaps in the ground covered by
quantum field theory at the moment).

Google has built a vision processor with about 1/1,000,000th the power of
the human visual cortex and showed it 20 million you-tube stills and it
ended up with "human face" neurons, "cat face" neurons, and "human body
neurons" - there is nothing in the computational structure (known) of the
brain that rules out seeing, with all of its red-ness or cat-ness.

Wave your hand around and look at it, and marvel.

Thanks,

--Chris
ch...@austin-lane.net
+1-301-270-6524