From: mike brown <uerusub...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: "Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com" <Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, 14 October 2012, 6:37
Subject: Re: [Zen] Re: I need some practice advice

Anthony,

I wasn't denying 'scientific' cause and effect at all! What I'm saying, and
which mirrors Hume, is that there is no causative link to be found in a
sequance of events. Was it it the finger pushing the switch that turn the light
on, or the current in the circuit board, the filament, even the intention of
the person who pushes the switch (was the room dark because of a thunder
storm)? etc etc etc...

I think Buddha "had his finger on the pulse" in this regard. The above is
nothing other than Dependent Origination - everything is inter-connected which
makes cause and effect nothing other that a useful convention. Nothing to do
with denying it.

Mike