Group,
Overwhelmed.
I went back to look at September posts, and find that there are tens, dozens,
or even hundreds that I have not read, nor responded to.
I hope I am not leaving anybody out in the cold, but I doubt I can go back
there and do justice by reading and replying. I think I have to let them
...go.
This month has seen a huge outpouring of posts, too. In fact, the month of
October is only half complete, and the posts here this month almost match the
number in September, and September was the month with the greatest number of
posts in the history of this Group.
I think the October posts, in number, were bolstered by Jim's coming, and going.
And by Kim Novak, via Merle.
Jimmy Stewart always makes me squirm; I can't sit still for his usually
over-done performances. TOO over the top. Not naturalistic. Kim was pretty
under-utilized in the scene that Merle posted the link to. I think the cat was
best of the three Actors, there. I loved the cat's purring. Better than
Novak's humming, I thought: the natural or naturalistic is preferable, to me.
And the cat's trained jumping, was great. I love the old-fashioned
"Apple-Head" Siamese cats, compared with the skinny-faced, all-ear, ones that
are in vogue today. The one in the movie was an Apple-Head. Lovely Seal-Point
or Blue Point, hard to tell in B&W. Cool kitty!
Underwhelmed?
--Joe
------------------------------------
Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
[email protected]
[email protected]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email protected]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/