When nothing is sacred, then everything is sacred

Also, praying for others is like donating ten bucks to a campaign - it
allows you to be ready for more substantive action later and allows you to
tell people you prayed for.X.

There are many sorts of prayer, asking for something specific is not the
major sort - asking to be a more helpful or courageous friend is just as
useful