There is a funny story about this:

A Zen teacher was out at a coffee shop, reading the paper and drinking
coffee. Some students observed this and exclaimed "You are always telling
us that when we are drinking coffee we should just drink coffee!" the
teacher laughed and said "and when reading and sipping coffee, just read
and sip coffee."

I think just doing one thing at a time is often a) easier in general, which
you notice when the eyes are open, and b) a useful thing to practise while
just getting used to how attention works.  Zen says all is one, what is
this multitasking?  if you think you are multitasking you are adding
categories to the experience.