Chris,

His books were/(are?) very popular among the membership of the large sangha I
used to belong to in Tucson.  They have a large lending-library and his books
got well-worn in no-time.  I have never cracked one of them!  Too modern.  ;-)

You see, I have a lot to learn.  Regarding skilful means.  I'm working on it.

--Joe

PS  I think that successful author (teacher) could stand to send US money! ;-)