Mike,

I'm just not qualified to nominate you as a Zen master.  I am an un-transmitted
Dharma Teacher in Sheng Yen's line, and still in training the next few years in
USA and Taiwan in the details of running Ch'an retreat (Sesshin), and teaching
to students.

I feel qualified to urge you and Chris to moderate, here, because I've seen
both your civility, smarts, evidence of practice, and compassion, displayed on
these boards.  Chris is right, though, that writings, even here, do not
constitute knowing a person.  Kudos.

To be a Zen master, Mike, you'll need transmission from your Zen teacher.  It's
an assent that the Apprentice Teacher is now a Journeyman Teacher, and an
introduction and announcement to the world by the established teacher that this
new teacher can do good work, is a willing member of the lineage, and is
available to serve as a teacher.  So it's been, for 87 generations.

best!,

--Joe