Kris,

Please don't think my continual push-back on you is any form of disrespect.  It
is my method of re-stating what you say in a way that is more compatible with
my thoughts.  Like bouncing them off you to see what you will say.  Many of the
differences may just be semantic, but that's why I'm rewording them and
bouncing them off you - to see if it is just semantic or something more
substantial.

Below you seem to imply that "shared delusion" is necessary or at least
promotes compassion.  I disagree.  I see the fundamental characteristic of
delusion to be a sense of duality:  the self/other split.  For me all other
delusions (classification, logic, reason, judgement, etc...) emanate from there
- like the miseries springing out of Pandora's Box.  So for this reason I don't
see "shared delusion" playing any beneficial role at all in true compassion.
"Shared delusion" might indeed be a part of a faux-compassion.  One still
rooted in dualism but developed as a sense of connectedness (we're all in this
together and I have empathy and 'feel your pain').  This type of thinking is
represented very well in the Indra's Web analogy:  there are separate things
but they are all connected.

When I talk about One-ness I do not talk about separate things being connected.
 I talk about just one thing - Just THIS!.  Nothing else.

True compassion for me are actions which spring from that One-ness perspective,
not the 'connectedness' perspective.

But...the 'connectedness' perspective is better than a completely self-oriented
perspective which doesn't even recognize any connections.  An individual which
holds this extreme perspective is called (I think) a psychopath.

...Bill!