Ok, I should have had evt._action = 'history'. I can fix that. It did not
delete the event or change the severity when the trip came last night so
something else is wrong with my code. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

- Justin

jmp242 wrote:
> Well, evt._action = 'drop' isn't going to put the event in history, but
> delete it entirely.
> See:
> http://community.zenoss.org/trac-zenpacks/wiki/CommunityFAQGeneral?version=98#Whatre-mappingoptionsarethereforeventsinEventTransforms
> --
> James Pulver
> Information Technology Area Supervisor
> LEPP Computer Group
> Cornell University
>

> jbwjbw wrote, On 9/10/2009 8:19 AM:
>
> Josh,
>
> I'm trying to build on this for different event transform, any guidance?
>
> I have two fiber channel switches that sends a trap because a system
> connected to tem reboots nightly after it's backup is complete. I only want
> to do this when swFCPortIndex equals 12 from the snmp trap details for two
> specific swtiches. I'd like to change the event to blue and move it to the
> history. I need to key off a specific value in the snmp details.
>

> Code:
>
> theswFCPortIndex = getattr(evt, 'swFCPortIndex', 'Unknown')
>
> if (evt.device == 'mmc-sansw1.domain.dom' or evt.device ==
> 'mmc-sansw2.domain.dom')  and theswFCPortIndex == '12' :
> evt.severity = 1
> evt._action = 'drop'
>

> This code is not quite right, and I figured it might not be. Any chance
> someone can let me know what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> - Justin

Read this topic online here:
http://forums.zenoss.com/viewtopic.php?p=39139#39139