> >> Yes, that is much better. Thanks a lot for taking the time with
such a
> >> minor, pain-in-the-ass issue.
> >
> > No problem at all.  Martin, do you mind if I apply this change to
all
> > pages (changing the site CSS, then).
>
> Well, I have a very wide screen which makes 90% rendering produce
> unreadable spaghetti text.

First, let me say I don't want to cause trouble to anyone, so feel free
to revert the change.

But this is NOT about printing, it is about free-flowing text; the fact
that it is more annoying when printing is just a secondary result.

If I look at the FAQ page at http://www.zeromq.org/faq, and make my
Firefox window narrower, the text does not accommodate to the new window
size and a horizontal scrollbar appears. If I make the window wider, I
just see a big area of white space on the right. See these two
screenshots; the same happens on Internet Explorer.

http://www.diethelm.org/0mq/faq-ff-narrow.jpg
http://www.diethelm.org/0mq/faq-ff-wide.jpg

Compare with the situation for the reference manual; as I make the
window narrower or wider, the text flows and adjusts to the full width
of the window (both in Firefox and Explorer):

http://www.diethelm.org/0mq/rm-ff-narrow.jpg
http://www.diethelm.org/0mq/rm-ff-wide.jpg

This has the effect that, when printing, the reference manual does not
use rationally the space on the page.

> How come Gonzalo's printer is not able to
> print 50em of text? Either it's a printer way back from 60's or
there's
> some problem with the font size.

The printer is an HP LaserJet P1005. But it really has nothing to do
with this.

Again, feel free to drop this issue as soon as you become annoyed... :-)

--
Gonzalo Diethelm

penalties set forth by Chilean law.