Hi,

Why don't we add a protocol version? zmq servers can check the version
and drop messages they don't support.

Any thoughts on supporting different wire protocols? Idea is to talk
to non-zmq servers, ie. redis/memcached. We don't have API hooks for
this, but we can have pluggable encoder, decoder and msg types.

Dhammika