avbid...@fortytwo.ch said:
> On Sunday 11 April 2010 19.29:53 Wolfgang Barth wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 05:49:18PM +0200, Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> > > I'd go with 2.0.6+1d28dc-1. Or possibly 2.0.6+git1d28dc-1
> >
> > Why not using git-dch (see my previous mail)?
> > If the current version in changelog is 2.0.6, you get the
> > following schema:
> >
> >   2.0.6~1.gbp6fea42
> >
> >   2.0.6 = current version
> >   ~1    = snapshot numbering
> >   gbp   = git-buildpackage
> >   6fea42= current commit id
>
> This would be a snapshot that comes *before* 2.0.6 (in Debian's version
> ordering: The tilde means "version x~y is earlier than version x"

The question is how should Git *snapshot* packages be affected by new
*releases* appearing in the distribution?

In other words, if someone installs 2.0.7~1.gSOMETHING and a real 2.0.7-1
is pushed into the distribution, I'm guessing that the preferred behaviour
is that an apt-get dist-upgrade upgrades to the latest distribution
version.

Adrian/Wolfgang, do you know what the best practice is? Should upgrades
leave custom snapshot packages alone, or not?

As for using git-dch, sounds reasonable to me. Wolfgang, if you have
something working I'm happy to test it and apply to the 0mq git.

-mato