Folks,

I'm considering changing the Identities of my sockets instead of
closing and re-opening them after a REQ/REP protocol failure (where
I've received an extra reply via an XREP/XREQ forwarder discussed in
the timeout thread).

The documentation says:

"If the socket has no identity, each run of an application is
completely separate from other runs. However, with identity set the
socket shall re-use any existing ØMQ infrastructure configured by the
previous run(s). Thus the application may receive messages that were
sent in the meantime, message queue limits shall be shared with
previous run(s) and so on."

I'm presuming this is because you might have in-transit packets
through a queue device, etc.

Is there any other baggage associated with changing identity?

Thanks,

Best,

Matt