Hi Nicholas,

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Nicholas Piël <nicho...@nichol.as> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written an introduction to ZeroMQ for my blog, you can find it here:
> http://nichol.as/zeromq-an-introduction

I also want to congratulate you on a great introductory article. Very
concise.. very nice.

And in relation to the following quote from your article, The
community might be interested in that I want to create a zmq virtual
file layer for HDF5 [1] as well.

"
Lets say you want to create some new sort of database because Redis,
Cassandra, TokyoTyrant, Postgres, MongoDB, DabbleDB, CouchDB, HBase,
etc. just don’t serve your needs that well. You create an amazing in
memory tree representation for your data and have a blazing fast
indexer. Now all you need is some sort of messaging layer such that
different clients can talk to your server. Preferably implemented in
different programming language and with clustering capabilities. You
could of course create such a messaging framework all by yourself, but
that is a lot of hard work.

A simple solution is to just implement your database as a ZeroMQ server and...
"

[1] http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/