Hi all,

I've written up a proposal for working on the git repository.  I'd
appreciate input, especially from those who are tracking the current
repository and know git well enough to tell me where the proposal is
wrong / can be improved.

http://www.zeromq.org/docs:procedures

---- snip
The public Git repository holds:

* The **master** branch, which represents the current "latest stable
version" of 0MQ.  This is updated slowly, with tested and reviewed
code.
* The **unstable** branch, which represents the current "latest
unstable version" of 0MQ.  This is updated rapidly, with tested but
unreviewed code.
* One **release_X_Y_Z** branch per major/minor release, representing a
snapshot of that release.  This is never updated once released.
* One branch per in-progress issue, based on the latest master branch.
---- /snip

Cheers
Pieter