Even C++ needs wrappers (libs, STL, Boost, etc.) :-)

What's interesting about ØMQ is how quickly you can implement a stable
solution at the endpoints using REQ-REP, PUB-SUB, etc., then do
plumbing transparently in the middle without changing the endpoint API
or semantics.

Also, I haven't focused on patterns for the endpoints yet, there are
some evolving in my work.

Best,
Matt