Hi,

Min and I looked at this today and this is a bug in pyzmq.  When a
callback in the eventloop raises, we are currently closing the socket,
which we should not do.  We are still figuring out the error handling
symantics, but we should have a fix in place soon in pyzmq master.

Cheers,

Brian

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Pieter Hintjens <p...@imatix.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 3:58 AM, Steve Huffman <st...@hipmunk.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think so. I'll try the new version, but what the behavior I'm seeing
>> is zmq_close() doesn't return when an exception is thrown in the callback.
>
> I didn't read your email properly, sorry... zmq_close() should not block.
>
> If you can follow what zmqstream is doing, and get a straight pyzmq
> example that has the same behavior, that'll make it easier to debug.
>
> -Pieter

Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics
bgran...@calpoly.edu