ifconfig tells me that multicast is enabled for eth1, but not for lo. With purinrecv, I always get the same result, which is pasted below. One interesting thing is the first line - it always appears, does it mean anything? :)

(eth0 is another NIC that is not in use at the moment; for my test program, I used eth1.)

$ ./ref/debug-Linux-x86_64/examples/purinrecv -i

??? ???
Info: #1 name lo (lo) ---- scope 0 status UP loop YES b/c NO m/c NO Info: #2 name eth0 (eth0) ---- scope 0 status DOWN loop NO b/c YES m/c YES Info: #3 name eth1 (eth1) ---- scope 0 status UP loop NO b/c YES m/c YES Info: #1 name lo (lo) IPv4 127.0.0.1 scope 0 status UP loop YES b/c NO m/c NO Info: #3 name eth1 (eth1) IPv4 192.168.178.14 scope 0 status UP loop NO b/c YES m/c YES Info: #1 name lo (lo) IPv6 ::1 scope 0 status UP loop YES b/c NO m/c NO Info: #3 name eth1 (eth1) IPv6 fe80::219:d1ff:fe51:6718%eth1 scope 3 status UP loop NO b/c YES m/c YES

Oh, and one other thing I've noticed is that sometimes it takes up to a second for connect() to finish. Most of the time its done nearly instantly, though.