I'm working with a black-box piece of commercial software that
communicates by streaming data through normal Berkeley sockets, and I
thought that it would be nice to communicate with it using ZeroMQ,
since I am planning on using ZeroMQ for everything else. I've searched
around and found that other people have asked about this before in the
mailing list. Specifically, this thread
(http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/2010-June/004058.html)
includes a feature request for a transparent standard-socket adapter
that doesn't involve zmq_poll. Some people suggested that this adapter
was being worked on, and I was wondering if this was finished or in a
usable state?

If not, I can always fall back on the original plan: just using
regular Berkeley sockets to communicate with the commercial program.

Thanks!