That should be how it's used, yes. The parameter is optional, so if you don't
submit a method/function there, you will have to take care of deleting yourself.

From: zeromq-dev-boun...@lists.zeromq.org
[mailto:zeromq-dev-boun...@lists.zeromq.org] On Behalf Of Alex du Plessis
Sent: Freitag, 01. April 2011 15:53
To: ZeroMQ Mailing list
Subject: [zeromq-dev] Newbie questions

Hello list,

I'm a complete newbie in the use and application of Zeromq so I am sure my
questions will sound quite inane and downright stupid.  I apologise in advance.
 I stumbled on ZeroMQ early this week while googling for a decent message
system that is'nt implemented in Java. I use FPC(FreePascal) and Lazarus (both
Open Source products) as my programming platform  and intend to write a binding
as well as component/s to enable the use of ZeroMQ with FPC.  Unfortunately, I
am not very C proficient, so I am also doing a crash course in C/C++ at the
moment.  I have already started the port and I'm ironing out the wrinkles in my
interface unit .....So much for the intro, here's my question:

>From the api documentation on the web it seems that the variable ffn of type
>zmq_free_fn as defined in the parameters of zmq_msg_init_data is a user
>supplied function and one needs to pass a pointer to a function that will free
>the message data.  Is this correct?

Regards