On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Steven McCoy <steven.mc...@miru.hk> wrote:
> I'd like to hear more detail on this direction considering the multitude of
> build tools I'm working with in OpenPGM.

Hi,

the main thing behind evaluating CMake from my perspective is being
able to build Visual Studio project files, debian packages, RPM
packages etc from single build definition rather than maintaining
these separately. I didn't really have much experience with CMake
before the current project and this far it's made cross-platform
builds and packages very easy.

So short-list of things I would like investigate with CMake:

 - Building Debian packages (and whether the generated packages comply
with debian policies)
 - Building RPMs
 - Windows installer
 - Building on Windows (currently visual studio project files are
maintained separately)
 - Cross-compiling

--
Mikko Koppanen